Information and Rules
The contest is open to outside the USA. However, some prizes may only be available inside the USA due to Customs and Shipping Regulations beyond the sponsors' control.
- Project must be created on a Scroll Saw. Any materials such as wood, Corian, plastic, etc. may be used so long as it is cut on a Scroll Saw. Finish for entry is of the contestant's choice.
- The 2018 Challenge has No Theme...
- No Laser Cutters or CNC Machines allowed.
- You must be a subscribed to Simply Wooden Creations on YouTube.
- Only one entry per channel/person.
- ...There are Two Ways to Enter this year....
- Create a build video 5 minutes in length and submit the video link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line must contain the words 2018 Scroll Saw Challenge. Video title Must be labelled Simply Wooden Creations 2018 Scroll Saw Challenge. Contestants are also asked to provide any other information they feel may aid in contacting them if needed. Address, phone numbers, etc. All information provided will not be shared and will only be used for contest communications.
- Take 3 still photographs. One (1) of you working on the project at your scroll saw. The other Two (2) of your project. Email the pictures to email@example.com. Subject line must contain the words 2018 Scroll Saw Challenge. Contestants are also asked to provide any other information they feel may aid in contacting them if needed. Address, phone numbers, etc. All information provided will not be shared and will only be used for contest communications. Pictures sent to SWC become the property of SWC and will be used in a video on YouTube.
- Contest runs from October 4th thru November 5th, 2018. Videos must be submitted before 11:59 pm EST November 5th 2018.
- The top three winners will have their choice of prizes and will be notified by email the week of (to be decided) and must reply by email, their choice, by (to be decided), or another runner up winner will be chosen for those prizes. Winners and their prize selection will be announced (to be decided) on my show "Let's Talk Shop with Russ" on YouTube. During the show there will also be a random drawing for the other contestants for the remaining prizes so everyone will have a chance to win.
*** Simply Wooden Creations reserves the right to modify the rules, dates, times etc. as needed do to unforeseen circumstances ***
- Interpretation/Clarity of the theme
There will be a panel of judges to be determined.