Information and Rules
The contest is open to outside the USA. However, some prizes may only be available inside the USA do to Customs and Shipping Regulations beyond the sponsors' control.
- Project must be created on a Scroll Saw. Any materials such as wood, Corian, plastic, etc. may be used so long as it is cut on a Scroll Saw. Finish for entry is of the contestant's choice.
- The 2015 contest theme is Halloween.
- No Laser Cutters or CNC Machines allowed.
- Only one entry per channel/person.
- Create a build video no longer than ten minutes in length and submit the video link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line must contain the words 2015 Contest. Video title Must be labelled Simply Wooden Creations Scroll Saw Contest, 2015. Contestants are also asked to provide any other information they feel may aid in contacting them if needed. Address, phone numbers, etc. All information provided will not be shared and will only be used for contest communications.
- If a video camera cannot be used contestant may submit a picture video of the build. A picture video is pictures taken during the build and arranged in order and converted to video. However, entry must be in video format.
- Contest runs from October 1 through October 31, 2015. Videos must be submitted before 11:59 pm EST October 31, 2015.
- The top three winners will have their choice of prizes and will be notified by email the week of November 7, 2015 and must reply by email, their choice, by November 9 11:59 pm, or another runner up winner will be chosen for those prizes. Winners and their prize selection will be announced Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 8:30 pm on my show "Let's Talk Shop with Russ" on YouTube. During the show there will also be a random drawing for the other contestants for the remaining prizes so everyone will have a chance to win.
Simply Wooden Creations reserves the right to modify the rules, dates, times etc. as needed do to unforeseen circumstances.
- Interpretation/Clarity of the theme
There will be a panel of three judges to be determined.